Friday, May 6, 2011

This is a recipe that I  can in no way take credit for, but it is delicious! My friend Renee and I used to work together at a daycare in Mountlake Terrace for several years. Every time we had a get together with the "gals" of the daycare, we would all beg Renee to make this cake. I ran into Renee the other day at the Winco in Everett and it brought back such good memories with her of good times, and great food. While this is not entirely diabetic friendly for me... I would like to share it with all of you.

PS this is a good one for the little "lush" in all of us!

Renee's Rum Cake

Cake Ingredients:
1 package yellow cake mix
1 package instant vanilla pudding
1/2 cup oil
4 eggs
1/2 cup rum
1/2 cup water

Glaze Ingredients:
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup water
1/4 cup rum
Cook for 3 to 4 minutes at medium heat... stir well

Directions:
Beat ingredients for 4 minutes. Pour batter into greased and floured Bundt pan.bake at 350 degrees for 45-60 minutes. Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes. Pour glaze over cake in pan let stand for 30 minutes before unmolding. Sprinkle with powdered sugar.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment